An instrument for the promotion of our territory
The Magliano Sabina ecoHostel is a public structure at the service of the community managed by Azienda Municipalizzata Sabina.
It acts as an info point/help center for tourists and provides hospitality and common spaces for activities, expositions and meetings of all kinds.
It greets travellers, groups and families from around the world with its 13 rooms, each equipped with a private bathroom. All the comforts and services of a hotel at an incredibly low price.
The Hostel Mission
- Promote products and resources of the territory
- Increase and add value to local tourism and develop new tourist offerings
- Stimulate and enhance local businesses
- Realize and host cultural and recreational events
- Incentivize sustainability and sharing
Eco-friendly, Eco-sustainable, Eco-nomical!
The Magliano Sabina ecoHostel serves as a role model for environmental sustainability with its adoption of innovative ecologic solutions:
- Bike-Sharing: electric bikes available to guests for free
- Charging Station for Electric Vehicles
- Free Accommodation for Customers Driving Electric Vehicles
- Only renewable energy: walk-on photovoltaic panels on the roof produce energy that supplies power (electricity, heat, etc.) to the hostel after being converted and distributed through a shared network for the necessities of the municipality.
- Outdoor Led lights granting maximum energy efficiency
- Vintage recycled furniture, except for beds, mattresses, pillows and bed linen, of course!
The Magliano Sabina ecoHostel has been awarded the Premio di Eccellenza Italian Resilience Award 2016 for its efforts in the implementation of affordable eco-compatible technologies.
The hostel is for everybody, either single travellers or groups
The Magliano Sabina ecoHostel is the ideal place for people searching for a convenient and pleasant location: independent travellers, couples, families, groups of young people, backpackers, sport teams, cuisine lovers, etc.
Are you looking for some kind of workshop or class or themed cooking lesson? You are part of a sport team and would like to organize youth or adult summer camps?
What the ecoHostel and the town of Magliano Sabina offer to groups
- accommodation for up to 50 people
- local chefs & room and board
- professional kitchen
- local chef
SPORTS CAMPS (Accommodation +Access to Sport Facilities)
- indoor volleyball court
- basketball court
- regulation size football field
- synthetic football field
- yoga, tai chi, pilates, gymnastics, and martial arts lessons
- treks and bicycle tours organized by a local tourist guide
- open air activities at the near pinewood
ACTING COMPANIES (+ accommodation)
- theatre classes and access to “Teatro Manlio” town theatre
Your green hostel has ancient roots
From convent to ecoHostel. Opened in 2016, after a careful restoration, the hostel is located inside a XVIII c. building, part of the architectural complex of Santa Maria delle Grazie.
The building includes the church of the same name, where is possible to admire masterpieces of the past: the XIV c. wall painting of the Madonna della Misericordia, covered with finely chiseled silvery garments, and the Romanic crypt with its XIV c. frescos, including some by painter Giovanni di Giovannello from Narni
Get off the A1 motorway and come to the ecoHostel in the earth of Magliano Sabina
Easy to reach, both by car and train, the right location for innumerable activities and a starting point for countless adventures
By Car: From the highway –Take the Magliano Sabina A1 motorway exit and then proceed to the right for 2 km, turn left at the intersection and follow road signs to town for 3 km. From Via Flaminia (around km 64) – Turn at the intersection and continue for 3 km following signs to town,
By Train: 10 minutes’ drive from the CIvita Castellana/Magliano Sabina Train Station (FR1 Fiumicino Airport-Orte Line). The station provides direct links from Magliano Sabina to Fiumicino Leonardo da Vinci International Airport and Rome.
The hostel is located in the town centre of Magliano Sabina, via Mariano Falconi 2 (Piazzale Umberto I)
Rome 35 km – Narni 20 km – Viterbo 40 km – Orvieto 60 km – Todi 70 km – Spoleto 70 km – Assisi 100 km – Perugia 110 km – Firenze 200 km